Pizza is an all time favorite in my house, but I seemed to always come back to that same tried-and-true combination of tomato sauce, salami sausage, mushrooms, bell pepper and mozzarella cheese.
Wanting to try something radically different I decided to choose a cheese with a more pronounced flavor; Goat’s cheese.
Recipe is a variation of the dough recipe I usually use, this one may not be as ideal for everyone, since it uses some sourdough.
Caramelized red onion and goat’s cheese topped pizza Recept
Door mei 6, 2013Gepubliceerd:
- Hoeveelheid: 2 pizza's (2 Porties)
- Voorbereidingstijd: 6 min.
- Bereidingstijd: 40 min.
- Klaar binnen: 46 min.
Pizza is an all time favorite in my house, but I seemed to always come back to that same tried-and-true combination of tomato sauce, …
- 300 grams flour
- 225 grams water not too cold, not hot
- 50 grams sourdough starter Not very active, from fridge
- 1/8 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 red onions sliced
- 75 grams Schwarzwalder schinken
- a handful rucola
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- 50 grams goat's cheese
- your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Mix the sourdough starter with all the water, 65 grams of the flour and the honey and the yeast. Let stand for about half an hour.
- Mix in another 150 grams of flour, this brings total flour:water ratio to 1:1.
Let stand for 1,5 hours.
- Mix in the rest (85 grams) of the flour and knead with dough hooks until dough comes together.
- Let rise for 2 hours in a covered bowl.
- Divide dough in two, and shape into balls and let proof in round oiled containers.
- Meanwhile, slice the onions into half rings, and caramelize them in some oil in a skillet on a low fire. Add the balsamic vinegar about halfway through
- Slice the ham in smaller pieces, slice the mozzarella and the goat's cheese
- When dough is proofed, shape pizza, top with tomato sauce, ham, onion, cheeses. Bake at highest temperature, preferably on pizza stone until crust is risen and browned and cheese has melted.